Wednesday 5 September 2012

The Road Less Travelled

The dust is starting to settle on my blog and I think it's about time I brush it off. By now you might have noticed somewhat of a trend.. if I'm not content with how things have gone, I'm often dilatory in advising the world about it. Most likely because I'm subconsciously trying to avoid digressing on something that has been pushed so far back in my memory stores that I will have to search through primary school playground disputes and trips to Lollipop Land to find it.

To be quite honest, I was severely disappointed with my performance at the the Junior World Champs. I'm not complaining about a silver medal in the Team Pursuit, and I stand proud to have made it one step higher on the Podium from last year, but I cannot help but feel that I wasn't the best that I could have been that day. Which was made quite apparent five days later, when I rode nearly two seconds slower than my best, and one and a half seconds off the time I rode two weeks earlier, immediately after a fairly brutal training block. Lessons are yet to be learned, as soon as I work out what exactly went wrong.

I've had a decent break from my bike, and it was much needed - if not for my body's sake, my mind's. I would like to thank the people who have stood behind me, and urged me on when it would have been so easy to give in. You know who you are. It's not going to be an easy road from here, now that I've been thrown into the 'real world', but it's a road that I am going to charge down and not look back, and one that I hope to leave some decent footprints in.

Cassie



0 comments:

Post a Comment